- Authentic audio-visual and print resources from over thirty Francophone cultures around the world
- Proficiency-based with a focus on intercultural communicative competence
- Six thematic units leading with essential questions and incorporating AP® Global themes and IB themes
- Unit-embedded Can-Do statements and an online Mon dossier to track performance
- Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs)
- Annotated Teacher Edition
- Online Explorer course for student and teacher support
The standards-based EntreCultures program is all about teaching French language and culture to novice through intermediate students through the lens of interculturality. Students discover appropriate ways to interact with others whose perspectives may be different from their own by exploring the lives of real people from the entire francophone world.
In levels 1A and 1B, students build the language skills, personal attitudes, and cultural insights necessary to experience life entre cultures using French to connect with people and their own community. Vocabulary and grammar are presented in context. The online Explorer provides all audio-visual resources, scaffolding, vocabulary, and grammar reinforcement, including flipped classroom videos, with all activities tied to the Mon dossier to upload performance evidence.
EntreCultures 1A and 1B helps teachers assess what students can do through three formative performance-based assessments and a summative IPA per unit. IPA-specific, analytic, and holistic performance rubrics accompany this series in print and online, so teachers and students can stay on track. Units are clearly organized with ample print and online student and teacher support.
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to start planning how you can incorporate EntreCultures 1a/1b into your classroom!
What People Are Saying
Complete the EntreCultures program online with Explorer:
- Dozens of authentic, external images, text, audios, and videos
- Activities and exercises to expand knowledge
- Teacher resources, rubrics, and more
- Student portfolio where learners can upload evidence of their skills