Grants and Scholarships
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to be eligible for any Wayside Social Responsibility program, including scholarships and grants.
Scholarships and grants are currently limited to teachers and learners in the United States. Wayside Publishing employees, contractors, and relatives of employees and contractors are not eligible to win.
Name and address of sponsor and promoter:
2 Stonewood Drive
Freeport ME 04032
Grant and scholarship details
The evaluation rubric will be the same each month, as specified below. Per this rubric's primary criteria, Wayside Publishing reserves the right to only consider projects that directly relate to the stated purpose of the grant and scholarship offered during the month in which the application is submitted.
Strength of connection between the application and the description of that month's grant (Rating of 0 in this row will disqualify the application. Ratings of 0 in other rows may not impact the application)
Unmet need (few to other funding options available for this request) and responsible/clear budget
Strength of impact statement: whom will be impacted (direct/indirect) and how?
Nurtures inclusivity - appropriately provides an opportunity for underserved individuals to participate more fully in language learning or teaching
Fosters diversity - appropriately connects to or incorporates underrepresented perspectives, namely LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC
Builds equity - appropriately helps bridge gaps in access presented by socioeconomic adversity
Creativity of idea
The "language taught/language of study" field indicates that the recipient/classroom involves a language and level served by the Wayside Publishing collection of products and services
The number of scholarships and grants awarded each month and odds of having your project be selected depend on how Wayside Publishing's Scholarship Review Board has scored your application, the number of entries received with equal or greater evaluation scores, and the weight of your score in each criterion, per the rubric above.
The grant and scholarship application form will include a field for entrants to enter the amount they wish to receive. Only requests between fifty dollars ($50) to five hundred dollars ($500) will be considered or awarded. Wayside Publishing reserves the right to distribute fully or partially toward the amount requested.
Wayside Publishing reserves the right to determine how it will distribute each grant. This may include disbursement to a professional development institution or organization offering the service being funded; purchasing needed products and sending them to the educator; or disbursing the funds to the educator when the grantee agrees to provide post-grant reporting and receipts.
Retail value of each scholarship or grant: $50 - $500
Wayside Publishing declares its right to confirm the names of recipients and their status as educators or learners. Wayside Publishing will provide a release and post-grant report form, and reserves the right to share anecdotes, photographs, and any other kind of media related to the grant project the recipient publishes.
To be considered for a Wayside Publishing scholarship or grant, entrants must complete the official online application and complete all fields: first and last name, information that will be used to confirm they are a teacher or learner (school name, school district, and state), and the languages and levels they teach/study. Entrants will also be asked to confirm they understand that by applying for the scholarship or grant, they will be required to provide a post-grant statement and release for Wayside to reshare, in sum or in parts, the content of that statement (minimum of 1-2 sentences and one photograph or video), indicating the impact of the funded project.
Only one entry per applicant (teacher or learner) per month will be considered.
Grant windows will run from the first of the month through the last day of the month, with the exception of November's grant window, which is open from November 15th through December 31st, midnight EST.
Winner(s) will be selected by a Scholarship Review Board comprised of interdepartmental giving teams. Winners will be notified by email by the end of the following month. A list of winners will be made available on waysidepublishing.com and will be announced via email and on social media.
Legal jurisdiction in which the giveaway will be regulated: Maine
Should a grant or scholarship not be claimed within fourteen days of selection notification, Wayside Publishing reserves the right to reallocate the funds to a runner-up grant or scholarship application.
Liability release: Wayside Publishing is not responsible in the event that a grant or scholarship negatively affects the winner.
Last modified: December 6, 2019
Wayside Publishing ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our adoption of and compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Wayside Publishing website or access our Learning Site® (collectively, our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Wayside offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Wayside Publishing or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Except for use of our educational services for students which are covered by the Wayside Publishing Student Information Privacy Notice, our Website is generally not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the Website, use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: Phone: (888) 302-2519; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Postal Address: Wayside Publishing, 2 Stonewood Drive, Freeport, ME 04032.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device or by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as anonymous demographic data; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or placing orders on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you interact with us or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages or you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Most web browsers have settings where you can adjust tracking settings. Please note that Wayside does not change its practices or procedures in response to a “Do Not Track” signal from a web browser or in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or received from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We do not disclose information to third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Wayside’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Wayside about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wayside, our customers, users, employees, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
By email: email@example.com
2 Stonewood Drive
Freeport, ME 04032
Phone/fax: (888) 302-2519
Live phone support: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)