The Story of Ancient Greece
Middle School - Early High School / Novice Low — Intermediate Mid
Have you ever wondered what the people of ancient Greece ate? How they dressed? Have you imagined what it might have been like as a child growing up in the Golden Age of Sparta or Athens?
Early Greek society and culture come to life on every page of The Story of Ancient Greece, with detailed insights into the daily lives of those who lived then. From the dawn of the early Greek kingdoms to the Golden Age of Sparta, Athens, and beyond, explore four thousand years of Greek history, from the Bronze Age to the Hellenistic Era.
You will explore:
- Celebrated Kings and mighty heroes from great King Minos of Crete to the courageous King Leonidas of Sparta and the wars they waged, battles they fought, and deadly weaponry and tactics they employed.
- Advances in science, technology, philosophy, theater, art, architecture, and government that established ancient Greece as the model for so much of modern western civilization.
- Myths and legends of ancient Greek folklore as told in the epic tales of Homer and other bards passed on through the ages.
- A glorious yet flawed pantheon of gods and goddesses, deities, oracles, and fantastic mythical creatures that pervaded the beliefs and superstitions of early Greek society.
- Each chapter is followed by a short quiz, additional discussion points, and suggested activities to delve further into the marvels of ancient Greece.
Print softcover - with lightweight, full-color pages that learners can write on!
FlexText - an ebook that matches the print version, page by page. Ebook pages allow for highlighting and note-taking. Teachers will also receive access to our Instructional Strategies Toolkit in the Learning Site®, packed with activities that can be filtered by communication mode, task type, grade, proficiency level, Bloom's Taxonomy, and more.