- 91 pages
- Use complementary literary and cinematic sources
- Three interconnected short stories
- Annotations, vocabulary lists, and essay questions
The enriching reader, La lengua de las mariposas, helps you use complementary cinematic and literary sources to teach your students about Spanish language and culture.
The feature film "La lengua de las mariposas,” adapted from three of Manuel Rivas' award-winning short stories, follows the life of a young Galician boy coming of age at the outset of the Spanish Civil War.
Filled with annotations, vocabulary lists, and essay and conversational questions, La lengua de las mariposas engages your students in making connections and comparisons across cultures and artistic genres. Students will explore cultural themes to enhance their understanding of the film and stories while engaging with modern, accessible material.
Watch the trailer here.
- Print softcover - with lightweight, full color pages that learners can write on!
- FlexText - an ebook that matches the print version, page by page. Ebook pages allow for highlighting and note taking. Teachers will also receive access to an Instructional Strategies Toolkit in the Learning Site, packed with activities that can be filtered by communication mode, task type, grade, proficiency level, Bloom's Taxonomy, and more.