- 394 pages
- Pre-IB and Pre-AP®
- Standards-based, Spanish-only instruction
- Student learning objectives
- Rubrics and pacing guide
- AP® style tasks
- Teacher Edition available
Tejidos: Comunicación auténtica en un contexto cultural is a thematic, standards-based Spanish program that aims to engage intermediate level learners with authentic materials that align with the AP® Global Themes and the IB® Temas, Troncales, and Opcionales.
Tejidos provides you and your Pre-AP® and Pre-IB level Spanish students with a Spanish-only Student Edition, which engages students in authentic communicative activities in cultural contexts. Real-world performance tasks and assessments are embedded throughout such as emails, tweets, texting, podcasts, blog entries, interactive journals, website contests, and more.
Essential questions frame each chapter with in-depth activities that engage students with a diverse range of authentic texts, including videos, audios, articles, blogs, interviews, and literature gathered from Spain and Latin America. Significant, multi-level scaffolding accommodates a range of student language levels and make challenging materials accessible.
Tejidos Teacher Edition offers a scope and sequence for each chapter and suggestions to tailor activities, homework, and assessments to the students' level. Analytic and holistic rubrics support your delivery of provided performance assessments.
Please contact (888) 302-2519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning how you can incorporateTejidos into your classroom.
Want to learn more? Check out this expanded overview:
Also visit our YouTube channel for dozens of video overviews, testimonials, and closer looks at the program pedagogy, instructional strategies, and Learning Site tools.
What People Are Saying
Complete the Tejidos program online with The Learning Site!
- FlexText - an online version of the textbook that connects to Explorer content
- Explorer - offering all the resources, activities you need!
- Audios, videos, and additional scaffolding for activities in the book
- A variety of vocabulary exercises, contextualized grammar tasks, useful external links, and a final, project-based summative assessment.
- Activities, vocabulary, and grammar practice not included in the textbook
- An entire bonus hilo
- Teacher access provides a gradebook and holistic, analytic, and can-do rubrics for all modes of communication.
The Learning Site supports most classroom tech - from an iOS app to integration and rostering options. Check out The Learning Site page for details.